Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Here We Go

When we set our surgery date in April, it seemed so far off. May 24th was circled in red in the distant future. But this day arrived a lot faster than any of us thought. We arrived in Houston last night and were at MD Anderson bright and early this morning. Nicole went into surgery at 7am CST and I am scheduled for 1pm CST. 

We have both been so calm and at peace leading up to today. With all of the information given to us, we know that we have made the best decision. We have also been covered in prayer by so many people, and we truly believe in the power of prayer. We can never express how much each prayer, hug, encouraging word, and note has meant to us. 

We will keep everyone posted on our progress in the days to come. 

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God, that if we ask anything, according to His will, He hears us." 1 John 5:14

2 comments:

  1. Hi, This is Robin, your genetic counselor! I am so proud of you both for how you bravely you have handled this situation and turned it into a opportunity to help others. I will certainly be sharing this blog with my other CDH1 patient and my genetic counseling colleagues. I think many people will benefit from reading about your experiences. I remember that day in the office was so tough, but I expect there will be many great days ahead. I am wishing you both a speedy, successful recovery! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Damon I met I believe Nicole at Olive Garden as I was her waiter. I said I would add her to Facebook. I was truly inspired by the courage which was on display it almost brought me to tears. I have told many and any prayers have went up for both sisters. I hope your family is OK your children in laws husbands everyone I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete